Friday, September 18, 2009

Birthday Wishes to Nana

Yesterday was Wandering Nana's birthday.  She always does nice things for people and goes the extra mile for everyone, including me, so I wanted to do something to let her know how much she was loved on her big day.

As any occasion is a fine occasion for making cupcakes, I decided my birthday gift to her would be a batch of one of my favorite, new cupcake creations: Lemon Raspberry Dream Cupcakes.

These were first made during the summer and served at a family picnic... needless to say, they were inhaled in just minutes!

These dreamy cupcakes are composed of a moist lemon cake, topped with a whipped vanilla & lemon peel frosting and filled with a rich raspberry filling.  To make them extra fancy & special for her, I piped the (entirely too soft) frosting with a pastry bag and topped each cupcake with a fresh raspberry, lemon triangle and a mint leaf.

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite ladies - hope you enjoyed this special treat!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

You rock! I wish I lived near you so I could see your delectable treats in person and learn your secrets. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos. I'm so impressed that you did this with a tiny guy at home too!

Jenni said...

Those look so good. You seriously need to open up a dessert shop. :)

wandering nana said...

They were wonderful (they are as good as they look). Some how they disappeared so they lasted a few days longer. My girls loved them and would like a recipe, if you are able to share. Thank you for helping to make my birthday even better. Thanks for being such a good friend and including us in the celebrations that come around.

tearese said...

I want one, send one to me!