Monday, November 21, 2011

A Week of Thanksgiving

Name Them One by One

Do you ever take things for granted? Well, if so, this is the week to make amends.

I write about this guy all the time. But on this day, I need to say a few things more about this talkative, tenacious and Tasmanian-Devil of a toddler.


He is my heart, my soul, my reason for being. Elizabeth Stone keenly captures the indescribable feelings I have for this little boy: “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” On this first day of Thanksgiving Week (yes, I just made that up), I am thankful for the sweetest blessing of our little monkey, Benjamin. My heart was forever changed when he emerged on the scene one warm Tuesday afternoon in August 2009. Even when this little guy is flinging macaroni & cheese at my head, swinging from the chandeliers at church or screaming like a banshee in the middle of library storytime, I love him like crazy. Each day, I send up a little prayer of gratitude for this little guy, who has stolen my heart.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the picture. He looks so grown up! Brian saw it before he left for work and said "wow, he looks just like Dave". :)

Suzanne said...

I love this picture of Benjamin! What a cutie! He is just too cute for words! LOve him and you!