(Nope, this is NOT my big weekend wrap-up. But never fear... the weekend update is still in the works, but it was delayed by a little blip in our plans called...)Gastroenteritis - aka - The Dreaded Stomach Virus
Yeah, we got it. Today, we're emerging on the other side, but wowsers, was this virus nasty.
First we got the call that his cousins had it, then grandma was leveled by it. Benjamin seemed fine. And then he wasn't. I really want to spare you the details because reliving it in my mind still makes me queasy. But seriously, the shear volume of icky stuff was shocking; I was wishing for a HazMat suit to deal with the massive clean-up efforts.
Because grandma was still sick on Monday, Dave and I tagged team our childcare for the day; I worked for a few hours in the morning, then came home to take over. While trying to do my work from home, I suddenly got super tired and laid down to take a nap with Benjamin. Shortly thereafter, the fury of the virus unleashed itself. **We're talking end-of-the-world, haven't been "this ill" in forever, awful state of sickness.** It was epic in its awfulness.
Dave came home; unbeknownst to him, he was not going to be leaving the house any time soon.
I am happy to report that the troops are feeling much better today. We've taken in massive quantities of grape Gatorade, 7-Up, slightly green bananas, white bread and cinnamon applesauce. The clean-up efforts are still underway, but in the last 72 hours I've done 10 loads of laundry; doesn't sound like much, but that is just the stuff that HAD to be washed - or else.
No comments:
Post a Comment