Will it never end?
I feel like every post, for the last gazillion weeks, has fixated on whatever sickness that one, two or three of us seems to be facing at that particular time. Unfortunately, I have bad news; that fixation continues.
Dave is well (fingers crossed) - feel free to cheer.
Me? Um, I wish. Doctor tells me it's a virus; although I love my doctor, her suggestion - the magic prescription - "you just need to ride it out" is getting trite and tiring. However, I have had worse, so I'm trying to take the high road, and, you know, ride it out - without too much complaining.
Benjamin? He's been fighting the evil double-ear infection. After a week of wide-spectrum antibiotics, ibuprofen and numbing ear drops, I *thought* he might be better today. Until I woke up and noticed the spots. Everywhere. Ugh. Another Sunday drive to the walk-in clinic, another wait in line (10 people there 10 minutes after it opened!) and another long wait in a not-so-child-friendly waiting room. Fortunately, his pediatrician was the on-call doc today. Unfortunately, the field of puffy, red bumps covering his little body are courtesy of a virus, as well. Bring on that "magic prescription", please.
So, today, here is how we rode it out:
Anyone out there have a super cure for viruses? That sweet elixir the Music Man tries to sell sounds like good stuff right about now.
4 comments:
We've gone through the red-bumpy-head-to-toe rash a couple of times. First time I thought he had the german measles or something, but it went away within 2 days. It didn't see to bother him...just me so it wasn't a fearful infection. I hope little Benjamin feels better soon.
SOOOO Awful! That poor Benjamin has had a rough couple of weeks. I hope you guys get better soon! We need to get together again someday. :)
Were the spots from an allergic reaction? Weird that it's from a virus! Yikes! I hope that by now you guys are over ths yucky stuff! (I'm playing blog catchup this morning)
Definitely looks more like an allergic reaction than a rash. That's how Jenn's looked. I'm glad the ped figured it out.
Post a Comment