Sunday, December 06, 2009

Lucky Guess

First of all, thanks for commenting/entering the contest! I'm happy to hear you're reading, even if you don't have anything to say sometimes.

Secondly, you guys had some great guesses. In some cases, I could practically retire on some of those guesses! I didn't mention that the majority of those coins were made up of pennies - 1223, to be exact. Thus, the grand total was lower than many of you thought, even though the weight was high.

Without further ado, the grand total was: $59.79

The winner, only $19.79 away, was Wandering Nana - congratulations and stay tuned for the goodies! And thanks to all for playing along!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Too bad all those pennies weren't quarters. You may have been able to retire on that!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

I've been a bit behind on your blog and missed the contest, but I did love your 20 days of thanksgiving posts! I am a regular reader, but don't always comment since we see you so often. Oh and thanks for temporary piano the girls love it!

Renae said...

Great idea on the jar-o-coins! I started a jar our freshman year at the Y, in an empty cider jar from our ward Halloween party. :) 4 years ago I counted it up, rolled it and it came to 44 bucks. I bought something with it. But... this last time I rolled my coins I decided to put it into my son's savings account. The pennies are deceiving. :)

wandering nana said...

Thanks for the fun prize. I ate the popcorn all by myself and it was yummy. I'm loving everything in the box.