I made it! I'm a little bit late with the posting, but I give you...
DAY #20 - Public Transportation

I love riding the bus. I realize that I am among a small, select group.
Most people hate the bus, riding a bus or having anything to do with buses. Some of you have never even stepped onto a bus... except the bright yellow ones from elementary school. That was when it was cool to ride the bus.
But I'm here to tell you it's cool again.
And I'm grateful for the service it provides.
The bus gets me to and from work with relative ease.
The bus saves gas money, wear & tear on the car and those nasty emissions from polluting our air.
The bus allows me to say "I've gone green."
But most of all, I'm grateful that I don't have to fight traffic.
Boy, do I hate traffic.
I hate fighting traffic at a time of morning when no one should even be awake.
Instead of focusing on all of the nutty drivers on 405, I can read my scriptures, listen to my I-Pod while engrossed in a book, catch a quick cat nap, sort through my gargantuan purse-bag, nibble on my breakfast and scan the paper over the shoulder of the guy sitting in front of me.
The only time I don't like riding the bus is a day like yesterday:
Rain + lots of cars + fogged-up windows + slow bus=
Missed connection to final destination
But I'm still so grateful for the bus and I'm going to keep on riding!
2 comments:
I'm commenting a big "WOOT WOOT!!" from my fancy phone while ON THE BUS!!
I LOVED riding the bus. I always slept both ways, once I got used to it, but when I started out I loved being able to look out the windows without having to drive myself.
Post a Comment