One of those moms-to-be decided that the sheer number of pregnant ladies was just cause for a grand celebration. And so, on Thursday evening, I attended the "Oh, Baby" party with the other large-bellied ladies - and anyone else that was interested in some good times and talk of babies.
Originally, the party's setting was Picnic Point, with a scenic Puget Sound in the immediate background. Unfortunately, dark & foreboding clouds required that we change the setting to Nana's house, which is a fabulous and fun place to gather for a festive party!
Each attendee was asked to bring a dessert to share, which is a very smart idea when dealing with hordes of hungry, sugar-craving pregnant ladies. And who are we kidding when we reserve that description solely to those who are great with child? Every woman friend I've ever known appreciates a good dessert. We feasted on crepes with fresh fruit and whipped cream, cream-cheese brownie bites, fudge rice crispie bars, dessert breads and many other tasty creations.
After a quick game of matching baby pictures to the expectant moms, all of the ladies sat around and chatted. And at the end of the night, we each got to take home a designer burb cloth (seen above) courtesty of Nana, and a designer Carter's onesie, courtesy of Michelle L & Christina H. Many thanks to all who put this festive occasion together; it was a fun night to swap pregnancy stories and hear about the joys of labor.
3 comments:
That sounded like a lot of fun! I can't believe how many pregos you have in your ward. We currently have one. JUST one! Hard to believe for Mormons, right? We had three, but 2 of them moved out of the ward.
Sounds like you had a fun and busy week. Looking forward to seeing you on the 4th of July.
There's nothing like getting a lot of prego women together to swap stories.
It reminds me of the old Portland 15th ward with George Stewart and the basketball team wives. I have a picture in my scrapbook of all of us sisters pregnant at the same time. Obviously the men did something other than play b-ball!!!
congrats to you, new mama. I'm glad I could be part of it.
Post a Comment