We are just about to embark on our Lake Boardman camping adventure. With less than a mile's hike to the lake, it should be a piece of cake, right?! But considering a trek into the alpine lakes district at seven months pregnant, I'm starting to question my sanity. In light of that, I thought I should try to find the humor of this wild & crazy idea... otherwise, I might just cry as I have to face the dark wilderness for the 15th middle-of-the-night bathroom trip.
With that, I share the top ten actual comments left on US Forest Service registration sheets and comment cards by backpackers completing wilderness camping trips:
- "A small deer came into my camp and stole my bag of pickles. Is there a way I can get reimbursed? Please call."
- "Trails need to be reconstructed. They need to be wider so people can walk while holding hands and please avoid building trails that go uphill."
- "Too many bugs and leeches and spiders and spider webs. Please spray the wilderness to rid the area of these pests."
- "Please pave the trails so they can be plowed of snow in the winter."
- "Chair lifts need to be in some places so that we can get to wonderful views without having to hike to them."
- "The coyotes made too much noise last night and kept me awake. Please eradicate these annoying animals."
- "Reflectors need to be placed on trees every 50 feet so people can hike at night with flashlights."
- "Need more signs to keep area pristine."
- "The places where trails do not exist are not well marked."
- "Too many rocks in the mountains."
4 comments:
Funny! You are braver than I. The seven months preggo is not too bad, but the rain wouldn't have been enough for me to call the trip off.
This cracked me up! Thanks for sharing these. I think there are too many bugs and hills when I go hiking too - What a coincidence!
Now those are my kind of improvements. Especially the chair lift and spider suggestions.
Hahaha that list is classic. Well good luck hiking at 7 months prego! I soooo would have not been able to do that! LOL
Post a Comment