Many of you may not know this, but Dave loves the outdoors. He loves it the way most women love good chocolate or a fabulous pair of heels; it's a deep and abiding kind of love.
Equally, he loves any quality gear related to outdoorsy things.
With any large purchase, he is ultra careful and extremely cautious; he visits stores, checks out websites, calls the manufacturer, reads reviews - then repeats the process a few more times. So, after careful deliberation and visits to about every outdoor website/dealer out there, he found THE BAG. (Cue the choir of angels.) However, he still wasn't SURE - so I told him to think about it for 48 hours, and he thought about it for 48 more.
But then one day, he was sold.
With that, I present to you the "bees knees" of the sleeping bag world: the Mountain Hardwear Spectre SL. It's a goose-down, ultra-light, bullet-proof sleeping bag, that keeps you toasty warm, repels water with its dual-flapped, protective design and may even make breakfast for you if you're being really nice.

It just arrived via UPS today and has lived up to all the hype and all of the glowing reviews. I even got to try it on... and oh my, it's cozy. So all I have left to say is - Happy (belated) Father's Day, Dave!
Oh, yeah - who's the best wife ever?
4 comments:
You are the bestest wife ever. What a great gift!
So.... is he buying you one for "having his baby?"
chelle, I loved "catching up" on you...you look FANTASTIC in the pregnant belly pose picture!
It kills me when you describe the details of your cakes...seriously!
I'll try and get in touch soon...we need to catch up for real! love you!
What a great present! You are the bestest wife ever!
Post a Comment