So, it's official - Martha has said let them eat cake!
She declared March 31st-April 6th as "Cupcake Week" (check out the link for some great ideas). In honor of this wonderful declaration, I challenge you to dig into your cookbooks and whip up a batch of your favorite, tasty little cakes. If you don't want to down all of those calories, deliver them to a deserving friend or neighbor. "Why?", you ask. Because we're talking cupcakes, people!
It's time to spread some cupcake love - come on... I dare you.

7 comments:
Yeah for cupcakes! I have some sitting on the table right now, however they are nothing compared the wonderful ones you make!
There is a quaint little cupcake shoppe in downtown Renton. One of these days I will make it in there to sample one. I hear from friends that they are divine.
Cake, in any form, is my weakness. While I anxiously wait for this baby to arrive I have lots of time on my hands to make some, but they won't be leaving my house because I want them all to myself.
Rach - you guys always have the best treats at your house. When we were there, Lucy was showing me the treat stash in the pantry. Maybe if I can figure out a safe way to ship cupcakes, I will send some your way!
Mindy - let me know how the little shoppe is. I went to Cupcake Royale in Ballard, excited about eating these great cupcakes. The frosting was good, but the cake itself was terribly dry! Not only was I out $3, but it was a sad waste of calories too. :(
Tam - I, too, love cake! Good for you to keep them all to yourself - and take part in this very worthy celebration!
I don't have a favorite cupcake but what about my pumpkin muffins? Maybe I'll do a cream cheese frosting on them. Hmmm... I will share some but then maybe not "). I went to a cupcake bakery in Dallas called "Sprinkles". Their cupcakes are also about $3-$4.00 a piece. I wasn't that impressed. They were good but Michelle's are better. Maybe Michelle should think about opening a shop, the yuppies will go nuts.
Nana - I ABSOLUTELY adore your pumpkin muffins! And, that is really saying something because I don't care for pumpkin pie at all.
Don't tempt me about opening a shop - I've actually been thinking about doing that for years!
I would be your best customer!!!
Post a Comment