These girls are two of my favorite people in the whole world. After a long history, including a lengthy stint as roommates, we have made great memories and shared lots of laughs. In honor of their shared birthday, I wanted to let everyone know how fabulous (and very different) they are.Tamara is one smart girl, who actually enjoys math and faithfully balances her checkbook to the penny; I give her kudos for that love of numbers. She is also a wonderful, thoughtful friend. While living in the condo, we had many late-night conversations about the most random things. She is the crafty queen and has a flair for making cute cards, cozy pj’s and the best, soft sugar cookies ever! One of my favorite memories of Tam was when Christina & I took a road trip down to Logan, UT for the 4th of July. I didn’t know Tamara very well at that point, but after sleeping on her floor in 100+ heat, experiencing the apartment’s fog horn toilet and taking a refreshing swim at Bear Lake, we were friends for life! She is a very giving person and always makes everyone laugh – she can even laugh at herself, with delight. I won’t go into detail, but we made a hilarious video tape while hiking around Orcas Island... and Tamara suddenly disappeared from the screen while I was filming, which had us laughing for days. One word of warning: she is not fond of being called T-uh-meh-ra (phonetically-speaking). I love Tamara and I’m excited to see her become a wonderful mom in a few weeks.
Christina is an awesome woman and I have been fortunate to call her my friend for most of my adult life… even though our families go WAY back. Before we became roommates, she spent so much time at our apartment that we used to joke about putting a mattress in my walk-in closet for her. In those days, she was working in JC Penney’s Display team, where she did a great job arranging displays, dressing mannequins and making the store look amazing. During our 5th ward hey-days, she did this thing called “double dutch”, for which she will kill me for mentioning. She is super stylish, sassy and shares my love of punk music. In fact, we took a road trip to the gorge for Warped Tour; even though we were sunburned, sore and dehydrated, it was one of the best days! She is a closet H.O.R.S.E. champion… the basketball kind, at least. She enjoys the outdoors, but I think she'll agree that we've taken more than enough trips to the Ice Caves, though each time was memorable. Christina loves gummy bears more than I love chocolate – although, I don’t know how that is possible! She is always up for a fun challenge, whether it is going snowboarding when we had no clue how to do it, living in the dining room with cardboard walls or pushing our way through mosh pits at wild concerts. I love Christina - her kindness and constant support never cease to amaze me and I look forward to making many more memories with her.
Happy Birthday, Tam & Christina!
3 comments:
I don't know Christina well but if she is anything like Tamara she is wonderful. Here, here to all you said about Tamara. I have really enjoyed getting to know her and Chris...CAN HARDLY WAIT UNTIL THE LITTLE ONE IS HERE.
hey! i didn't know you were a punk fan! me and shanester have been to plenty of warped tours!! we'll have to get together and debate whether yellowcard really is just riding on the coat-tails of new found glory or what (i sure think so!). whoo hoo! also, i like tamara, too. and christina sure knows how to throw a baby shower!
Your picture of the three of us turned our really good. Mine...not so great. I was laughing while reading this post. All the fun memories we share. The fog horn toilet still cracks me up. You are truly a one of a kind friend.
Love your buns!
Post a Comment