What I've been up to lately... or why my blog posts have been few & far between.
This image basically sums it up:
My life has been spent doing "Swim*Bike*Run*Repeat" for the last month or so. I'm currently 3/4 of the way through my 8 week training program. For those playing at home, that means I'm on Week 6, Day 3 - 15 minutes of swimming and 40 minutes of running. Who would have ever thought I would be running - for 40 minutes straight? Not me, that's who!
Week | Mon | Tue | Wed | Thu | Fri | Sat | Sun |
1 | Strength | Run
| Bike 45
Strength | Swim 20
Run 25 | Rest | Run
30 min | Swim 30
Run 30 |
2 | Strength | Bike 30
Run 15 | Swim 15
Run 30 | Run 30
| Rest | Run
35 min | Swim 30
Bike 30 |
3 | Strength | Run
35 min | Bike 50
Strength | Swim 30
Run 20 | Rest | Run
40 min | Swim 30
Run 45 |
4 | Strength | Bike 40
Run 10 | Swim 30
Run 15 | Run 30
Strength | Rest | Run
45 min | All 3
90 min |
5 | Strength | Run
40 min | Bike 30
Strength | Swim 30
Run 25 | Rest | Run
50 min | Swim 30
Run 45 |
6 | Strength | Bike 40
Run 15 | Swim 15
Run 40 | Run 40
Strength | Rest | Run
55 min | Swim 30
Bike 60 |
7 | Strength | Run
45 min | Bike 40
Strength | Swim 30
Run 30 | Rest | Run
60 min | Swim 30
Run 60 |
8 | Strength | Bike 30
Run 30 | Swim 30
Run 30 | Run 30
| Rest | Rest | Triathlon |
Many folks have been asking how it's going. That's a tough question.
Training has pushed me harder than I have ever pushed myself before, despite the fact that is only a sprint tri. It's been good. It's been absolutely awful. Some days I revel in the mini goals I've achieved. Some days I curse my body for being so weak and lethargic. I strive for it but haven't always been perfect, both in terms of training regime and nutrition. While doing the 30th lunge in strength class, my muscles are so fatigued that they shake violently. But then, at times, I just feel strong. It's so strange to get to know this new body of mine. I marvel in the things this amazing body can actually do; things I never thought possible. So, you know, that discovery is very cool.
I just hope I'm ready - and pray that I don't die - come Race Day.
1 comment:
Woohoo!! I'm so jealous. Awesome job on the training and I KNOW you won't die come race day. :)
Post a Comment