Esta enfermo
I had to document this. It's a rare sight for Benjamin to be cozied up to anything or anyone for any length of time. First it was the couch, then my lap. Having Benjamin snuggle in my lap hardly EVER happens.
But our little dude is sick.
At 4am, I was awoken by desperate cries coming from Benjamin's room. I swooped him up, cradled him for a while to calm his agitated, feverish body, then let him cozy up next to me in our bed. He was asleep again before my head hit the pillow beside him.
Morning came a few hours later, but he was still exhausted. After giving him some ibuprofen, I laid him back into his crib, only to find - undiscovered earlier at 4am - he had thrown up in his crib and everything was covered. I deftly peeled the soiled items from beneath him, removed his pjs and brought in some clean blankets.
I had big plans for today. An hour run - cancelled. A dinner party planning meeting - cancelled. Running errands - cancelled. Instead, we laid low... really low. I let him lounge in pjs all day, sip on grape Pedialyte and watch inordinate amounts of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
And I let him snuggle up to me as much as he wanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment