Some of you may know, some of may not.
In respect to those in the latter category, we decided to spread the news to all in our little blogging community.
Those not familiar with this type of "picture" at left may be wondering what's the deal with the big, black blob in the fuzzy photo... although I think that would be very few of you. I know you are smart people.
Obviously, there's not much to see in this particular ultrasound picture because it was taken at my 6-week appointment, but I think you get the idea. Yes, that's right... we are on our way to becoming parents. Scary, I know.
Actually, we're pretty excited about this new development in our lives, but I am having serious reservations about attempting to lug my super-sized self throughout the summer months. But honestly, this all happened pretty fast so we couldn't really help the poor timing. Besides, I hear that they actually make really cute, comfy maternity clothes now, so it can't be that bad, right??? Fortunately, the really "hot" (like 85 degrees) summer weather usually doesn't hit in Seattle until August, which is when the little bun is due. So, unless we have a freakishly early and entirely too-hot summer, I may just survive.
Stay tuned to the blog and I am certain you will begin to see photos of my pregnant feats of strength - and ever-increasing belly.
Oh, the humanity.
13 comments:
I'm so excited for you! That's great news.
I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear all about your new adventure. I am pretty amazed that you were out hiking in the snow at a time when I can't keep my head out of the toilet. Good for you!
I had an August 30 baby in Utah. Now there is a fun time to be pregnant..... 3 months of summer 80 to 100 degrees.....pure bliss! Need I say more?
I am so happy for you both!! Good luck and I will pray that youdon't get sick or have nasty cravings:)
Wow! Congratulations! I'm thinking this will be a very lucky baby. Hope you have a good pregnancy.
yay! congratulations.
Ahh, Michelle!! SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!! Pregnancy is a joyous experience... For your sake I hope we have a rainy summer. There is nothing quite like not being able to fit into your favorite shoes or sandles because your feet are so swollen from the heat... :P Can't wait for the baby shower. You will be showered no doubt with tons and tons of baby gifts!! Oh no, here comes some unwanted mother of one think I know it all advice, stock up on diapers and wipes now so you don't need to worry about that when the little bundle arrives! ;)
I am so excited for you!!!! You will be a GREAT mom!!!! I had one on August 12th. Thank heavens she came a week early. It was hard as the heat was aweful!!! But we all survived an so will you. You'll do great. Yah, I too want to know how you had the energy to do all the hiking stuff???
I think you will do just fine throughout the summer! The only time I got too hot was when I went to Utah. I don't think Seattle ever gets that hot, and if it does, it only lasts for a day or two. Can't wait to have big bellys together!
I'm so excited for you guys! Congratulations! I had Preston in June right before the heat wave, and I remember the entire month of July and August I was roasting. Ugh so I feel for you. But that aside, congratulations and enjoy it if you can.
That is great! How exciting, Good luck!
Congrats!!! I've always said I never want to be pregnant in the summer, but then again it's hard to plan things like this. :) Hope you feel good throughout your pregnancy.
That is so wonderful! Being pregnant in the summer isn't fun, but the little one in the end is wonderful! Good luck!
Post a Comment