"Bring me two piña coladas; One for each hand..."Tomorrow morning, at the early hour of 6'o clock, Dave and I are hopping on an airplane that will swiftly transport us from the grey skies and frigid temperatures of Seattle to the 80-degree, sandy beaches of Mazatlán, Mexico.
Honestly, I am so ready for a break from work, chores, responsibilities and life in general. I can say, with absolute assurance, that that is a ditto for Dave.
The funny thing is this: neither of us really loves hot weather.
What???!
You may be asking yourself, "Then, WHY in the world are you going to Mexico, you silly girl?". Well, it's a really long story which will surely bore you to death. All you need to know is that we are quite grateful for the opportunity for a break - and never fear, we will persevere through the heat!
In our absence, and because I will not be able to blog while in Mexico, I thought I'd host another fun contest for my blogging friends. It's only fair to you, really.
So, here's the scoop. In honor of the upcoming Academy Awards on Sunday, I present to you the Movie Tag Line Contest! If that doesn't make sense, check out this article. The trick is, I want you to pen a creative & funny movie tagline that encapsulates your life right now. Make it funny, make it yours. We need a good laugh, so get to work!
The Super Easy Rules:
- Write your tagline.
- Enter it in a comment to this post by Saturday, February 28th.
- Wait with eager anticipation until the winner is announced the following week.
But wait - what about the prize? Well, I figured that super funny people deserve something fabulous - so I'll give you a choice of one of my world famous (well - at least in Everett) desserts:
- Strawberry Yogurt Cake
- Chocolate Mousse Piroutte Cake
- Cheesecake-filled Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
- Marshmallow Flower Petal Cupcakes
Once the winner has been decided (by a random drawing), I will contact you for your address and determine the best time to deliver it to your house. How's that for service?!
Sadly (& quite obviously), I am unable to ship the desserts. If you are the winner & live outside a reasonable driving area for me, you will be the recipient of a collection of my handmade cards. They're super fabulous too - I promise! I know, it's not the famous cake, but do you really want mashed, dry cake parts in a shipping box? Yeah, I didn't think so.
So... get to thinking and get to posting - and stay tuned for the results in early March!
6 comments:
I have a great idea! The Mr and I love hot weather... we could take your place.... we know Dave's grandmother, she knows us..... we really like her and I think she likes us..... we would love to spend time with her.... what do you say?
I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the face book challenge and I wish I was a writer.
The picture of the blue water caught my eye! I love that look, blue water, white sand, and sun! my favorite places for R&R...must take me back to the beaches of my youth! (although So. Cal, water is never that blue!)
Congrats on your baby! We are very excited for you and look forward to the good news! enjoy the R&R!
Not sure I mentioned this last time we talked, but my brother is living with us because he has been kicked out of both my parents house. That has been a real challenge, but I am getting the hand of having a 13 month old and an 18 year old. So, with that interlude, here are my tag lines.
"From stinky diapers to teenage delinquents...this mom's got it all under control."
Or how about...
"You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll run to the store and buy some condoms.
From Twilight:
You know, your mood swings are kinda giving me whiplash.
And I like this quote from Twilight too:
Ok. For arguments sake, let's say I'm not smart.
btw, I googled movie quotes. I don't really have this movie memorized in case you're thinking I'm obsessed! I just thought you'd get a kick out of some of these quotes.
Here's one more:
Edward Cullen: Bella, this is Esme, my mother for all intents and purposes.
We'll talk later and see if I can explain why any of these really apply!
OK I hope it's not too late. I was thinking about it all week.
"They first got a plant. Then some fish. And a cat. Now a baby...and they still weren't prepared for what was in store."
Post a Comment