Monday, February 09, 2009

Awesome

Picture it:
Driving home from a stake YW activity.
Lively conversation.
Lots of laughter.
Pulling into the complex.
Look!
A sort of welcome banner for me.
Strewn across my driveway - all mine.
Awesome.
But -
 not the kind of banner with which anyone would want strewn across their driveway. 



I love this neighborhood...

We need to move.

Seriously.

9 comments:

Mindy Hales said...

Crazy! No matter where you go there seems to be problems. We love our new house and neighborhood, but it was a little disconcerting that the murder of the couple in their 60s by their son was just a couple blocks from our house.

Shera said...

What in the world? Crazy! I hope everything was ok.

Shera said...

What in the world? Crazy! I hope everything was ok.

Chelle said...

No worries, Shera - I think some kids just got their hands on it and decided to do some neighborhood "decorating". Still, police/caution tape is not something you want to see on your house - ever!

Chelle said...

Mindy, wow - I heard that story on the news but didn't realize it was so close to you guys.

The caution tape was silly but we've run into a lot of weird/scary things living in one of the worst neighborhoods in the state... so I shouldn't have been too surprised.

wandering nana said...

Hey, wasn't that the tape the workers were using that were doing construction on that one Condo by you? I remember commenting on why they were using that. Now, don't you feel better about it?

Chelle said...

Yeah, Nana, you're absolutely right - although the sight of that in front of my house was still a bit crazy!

tearese said...

Yeah, when we lived there I saw a guy get tazered in our parkinglot, and a girl get beat up by her boyfriend, who subsequently was arrested. And I heard there was a kidnapping in our appts. before we lived there, not to mention the rape that happened by the high school. Good times.

Jessica said...

LOL! I'm glad in this case the tape was a prank. But just the thought of coming home to see it makes the sting of our house being worth less than we paid a lot better. Some things are priceless.