Considering the last few months' events, I've been having a bit of a rough time getting into the holiday spirit. At the beginning of the month, I dragged out the Christmas boxes from our spider-infested storage closet, but the cobwebs were a definite sign that those festive decorations would sit unopened for quite a while. I managed to crack the box open about a week ago but didn't get very far in my efforts.
Fortunately, some little elves brought over a good dose of Christmas spirit - in the form of a decorated Christmas tree. The next day, the elves came back with a bag full of goodies, complete with tortilla soup and freshly-baked rolls. With a glowing Christmas tree and a warm dinner, it's hard not to feel that special holiday feeling. With the tree in place, I decided to pull out all of the other goods. Now stocking hang from the mantle, an apple-spice candle fills the room and a colorful Nutcracker stands at attention as we count down the few days left until Christmas.
As I was waiting (& shivering) for my bus in freezing temps this afternoon, the snow was blowing and the landscape was covered in white. I glanced down at my I-Pod as "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas" queued to play. Christmas may be a little different this year, but it will still be a beautiful and magical season.
2 comments:
Wishing you a fabulous Christmas.
It definitely is looking like a Utah Christmas here. I'm a glad you're feeling the season. "D
Post a Comment