On Thanksgiving morning, my sister-in-law, Heather, was in a terrible accident that resulted in a serious head injury. It goes without saying that this has been a difficult week for our family. For the past five days, everyone has held a vigil in the ICU waiting room at Providence Everett.
The neurosurgeon has been quite hopeful that she will make a full recovery and the ICU doctor reported that they are anticipating she may be able to leave the hospital in February. Unfortunately, I just heard from Eric this morning and he said that Heather has taken a turn for the worse; last night, she had a seizure and slipped into a coma.
While my brother appreciated all the calls of concern, the constant barrage was wearing on him. For that reason, he asked me to be the spokesperson for the family, where I can triage calls and keep friends & family up to date on her (as well as Eric's & the five kids') condition. This is part of the reason that I am posting this - in hopes that I can keep you abreast of her condition here. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to zip me an email at chelle131@gmail.com.
Their ward in Snohomish has taken on a heavy load with a happy & helpful heart. The day after Thanksgiving, a task force desecended on the house, cleaning it from top to bottom; when I stopped by one young woman was scrubbing the walls while another woman was sorting laundry. One family, in particular, took on the big task of tending the three little ones; with nine children of their own, you'd think any more would make the home burst at the seams, but they have handled the temporary additions with amazing ease. For these things, my family cannot begin to express enough gratitude.
Life is fragile and these kind of situations leave all of us feeling so helpless. Many people have asked how they can help and I don't have a great answer right now. If anything, I ask for your sweet prayers.
2 comments:
Let me know if I can do anything, anything at all. My prayers are with all of you.
Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about Heather. We're bringing dinner on Sunday so please let me know if we should bring it to the house or the hospital. I'll stay tuned to your blog for updates, but if you want to contact me directly my e-mail is tymonj@gmail.com. Our prayers are with you and your families.
Post a Comment