Saturday, December 20, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us


So, I'm a few days late in posting this, but there's a good reason. The snow. I'm totally going to blame it on the snow. Due to this week's crazy onslaught of winter weather, I've spent only a few rare moments at home - mostly sleeping.

Our 3rd anniversary was on Tuesday, a celebratory event that is shared by three other couples in our ward. One of the couples was actually married on the same date and same temple as us; in talking with them, we aren't certain but we think our sealings were back-to-back. And the other two couples share their date and temple from 8 years ago. What are the odds? As Stacey mentioned on her blog, we all need to celebrate the date together one of these years. Anyway, I digress...

To celebrate our big day, we spent hours navigating compact ice & snow-covered roads. Fun times. After a quick dinner of tuna sandwiches (aren't we fancy?), we headed out into the icy tundra to home-teach one of Dave's families. Married for just one year, they are originally from Arizona and were quite shocked by the new climate they've experienced in Washington. We had a fun visit and Dave's shared a portion of "The Best Christmas Ever", a sweet tale of service from one of the many in President Monson's wide array of stories.

While that was a nice way to spend our official day, we have reserved tonight for the real celebration! Dave surprised me with tickets to the Nutcracker at McCaw Hall. While this activity itself is exciting, the fact that I have NEVER seen any form of this ballet (live, tv, book, etc) makes the event that much more meaningful. So, after dressing in our finest and then covering up in an alluring combination of wool and down-filled layers, we will set out on our grand adventure.