Thursday, March 15, 2012

Vegetarian for a Day

where's the beef?

I've been trying to look at different ways to eat better; namely healthier foods, healthier recipes.

I've been devouring all of the latest news about how healthy eating can prevent cancer and other illnesses, give you more energy and grant world peace. Ok, maybe it doesn't do the last one, but it sure seems like the claims promise the moon. Bottom line, I was curious and about take the plunge into the wonderful world of kale, quinoa and flaxseed, at least temporarily.

Between the Bountiful Baskets and stocking up on some whole, bulk foods at Costco, I was all stocked up and wanted to take a stab at it. So, for dinner tonight, I made Quinoa Mac N' Cheese and Carmelized Brussell Sprouts. I was a bit doubtful about the quinoa recipe, but both things turned out pretty well. Dave liked it so much, he ate all of the leftovers; unfortunately, he discovered that quinoa, besides being extremely good for you, is very filling and - he is convinced - swells incredibly in your stomach.

I enjoyed our little romp into the vegetarian lifestyle, but don't think I could live there permanently; I just adore meat entirely too much.

No comments: