Friday, March 16, 2012

More Fun Than... Getting Water Constantly Splashed In Your Face

We don't get out much... obviously.

My SIL, Julie, invited us to attend the Children's Museum with her and the kiddos. We jumped at the chance, and even got there a little early. While we were waiting, Benjamin was so thrilled to be outside, he celebrated by plopping his behind promptly into a mud puddle. Oh, to be young again and not care about a cold, damp backside - the simple joys of childhood!

We spent a couple of hours building customized railways, watching the mini train sets zoom over bridges and into darkened tunnels, drawing on the walls with lights, playing in tree houses, experimenting with water wheels and sliding down ginormous twisty slides with reckless abandon. And thanks to Mother Nature, we enjoyed blue skies, not-so-cold temps, and the bright, beautiful sun. I don't recall if I mentioned it to Julie, but I owe her a very hearty thank-you for getting us out of the house!


No comments: