Sunday, March 11, 2012

Highs & Lows

wiling away the hours

FRIDAY:
Spent some time with my men. Toured the land in style, sped around on hot rods, chowed down on tasty pizza pie and capped off our Family Date Night with blizzards at Dairy Queen. That was a good day, and a highlight to our weekend.

SATURDAY:
Busied ourselves with chores and little projects. In prep for our bathroom floor replacement next week, Dave scoured all the bathrooms. I tackled the kitchen and FINALLY got that floor mopped properly - I won't tell you the last time that happened! While Dave moved to the matter of our horribly rickety, squeaky bed, I began sewing like a mad woman. My SIL, Kelli, is due at the end of the month and her shower was that afternoon. I made a burp cloth, two pair of fleece booties and an extra-large fleece blanket (which I machine-quilted... kind of). In the end, I was happy how everything turned out, especially since I sort of threw everything together at the last minute!

Gift basket is packed & ready to go!

In the end, I didn't get to go to the shower because the host has a house full of cats and dogs. So, after chores were done and Dave dropped off the shower gift, we headed over to Bellevue to have dinner with Dave's family and his grandmother, Ruthie (something we try to do every week). We dined on pizza, salad and cookies; post-dinner, we sat around and chatted while the grandkids ran around. It was a pleasant, low-key evening

SUNDAY:
This morning finds me a bit worn out from the events of last evening/early morning. After getting home from Bellevue and getting Benjamin into bed, I pulled out my laptop and started doing some work. I checked in on Facebook; as I was reading, wide-eyed, at one of the posts, my phone rang. It was after 10. I got about 3 more phone calls and several text messages from concerned friends over the next few hours. At about 2am, I cried myself to sleep. A friend experienced a loss that I can't even imagine... & hope I never have to.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm grieving for them. I have such a testimony of the gospel and yet I really don't know how you get through this.

Heidi said...

I am still in shock that it really happened. My heart breaks for the family. For Elle who won't have her sister to play with anymore. So sad.

angelalois said...

definitely a "low: :-(

Tamara said...

On the high note - fantastic job on the sewing. I'm sure your SIL loved everything. I still need to learn how to make those little booties. :)