Good things come in all kinds of packages!
Last week, my SIL came to our rescue. I had to work an evening meeting and Dave wouldn't be home in time to make The Benjamin Switch. Fortunately, she needed someone to watch her girls on Monday, so it would be a fun babysitting trade.
Unfortunately, Dave & I had a slight communication blunder and Benjamin spent a little more time with the cousins than anticipated. To make it up to them, I baked some extra-special, thank-you treats, wrapped them up nicely and delivered the goodies to their house. I had some extras, so an additional box went to Bret & Jessica's house, and another to some neighbors across the street.
Milk chocolate cupcakes, cheesecake mousse filling and chocolate frosting were topped with some crunchy cookie pieces.
Doesn't chocolately-goodness look so cute in this handheld form?
Boxed up and ready for Special Delivery!
In other news, we've had a mysterious thing happening lately. And it's been happening to our friend, the Whirpool Refrigerating Wonder:
Every time we turned around, those heavy double doors have been swinging open with wild abandon - almost as if they had opened magically. But a series of dirty fingerprints led us to the mischievous culprit: a certain little person has become entranced with the discovery that he can open nearly every door in our house, even the ones above. And while we love immediate access to our food, the cold air was cooling our kitchen and causing an exponential increase in our heating bill. The problem needed to be solved. The madness had to stop.
So, we did what any super sleuthy parents would do - we looked at all of the clues, we looked at our options, then we totally went MacGyver on those doors. And when I say we, I mean Dave. I saw the lightbulb go on. He made a beeline for the garage. Dust was flying. Tools were flying. Hands were flying. A resolution was sure.
And thus, problem solved - with a bunch of climbing equipment, of course.
Well, mostly solved. Except for the fact that it is now very difficult to get in and out of the fridge easily. But perhaps that will help with another conundrum - The Menacing Matter of Unwanted Waistline Growth.
2 comments:
Thanks you for those yummy morsels.
And that is quite the child lock you've got on the frig. I would think that might force you into a diet?
Oh my goodness...those look absolutely divine.
Post a Comment