Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Have you IMAGINEd?

Typically, we spend our Friday evenings on a Date Night. Unfortunately, last Friday our regular babysitters (my parents) were unable to do it, so we started looking at Family Date Night options instead.

I frequent this site, and every week the blogger posts great, frugal ideas for family fun. I checked on her page and found a long list of cool activities. We narrowed down our choices, based on proximity and price, ultimately coming down to these two options:
  1. Friday Night Live at Imagine Children's Museum
  2. Free Mike Night at Tim Noah Thumbnail Theater
Without much deliberation, we chose Option #1. I know enough of Tim Noah that it would be a safer bet to fight massive crowds at the children's museum. Especially if it's open mike night AND Tim Noah.

Besides the crowds, half of Everett streets were closed due to a massive construction project. Luckily, we found a parking space closer than any I'd found when all the streets were open.


Even though there were tons of kids streaming from every corner of the museum, Benjamin spared no time to get right to business. He ran at breakneck speed from one thing to the next, although he did spend a great deal of time in the music section. Dave even joined in to play the wooden-planked xylophone. Other exciting attractions were the glow-in-the-dark room, the roof playground (slides and climbing opportunities galore!), the farm house (you can milk the fake cow - so fun!), the foam-covered fire engine playground and the huge, landscaped train set.

It was fun to have Dave along because usually we visit these places during the day. I think he enjoyed seeing Benjamin in his element, as we experienced a wide variety of fun activities - as well as plenty of room to run and run and run.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I've heard lots of good things about that childrens museum! It's definitely on our list of things to do. Glad you guys had a good time!

wandering nana said...

I didn't know they did things at night at the Children's Museum. Looks like you guys had a fun time.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the Thrifty NW Moms link. It's my new favorite site! I just got the free Mother's Day card from Tiny Prints. :)