Monday, November 22, 2010

Gratitude on the 22nd

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful... and I chose leather flats?"

I never believe the forecasters when they say it will snow. Because, usually, it is just a lot of wishing and hoping, nothing else. So, when I saw the forecast predicted a *slight* chance of 1-2" in the Metro area, I thought, "not gonna' happen". I did bundle up because it was chilly outside when I left for work at 5:50am: hat -- check; scarf -- check; wool coat -- check; gloves -- check; sturdy, warm boots -- nah, who needs 'em?

Well, as it turns out, I do! Below is a recent snapshot of my evening route home. And yes, folks, that is snow - sticking - on the ground. It's a freak occurrence when we get it during our Seattle winters, but I can't recall the last time it snowed and stuck prior to Thanksgiving. Wild stuff... darn global warming.


I've been going back at forth on this one, but although I'll be wet and cold on the way to the bus and the whole way home, the white stuff tops today's gratitude list:
  1. Snow - pretty, white and fluffy brilliance
  2. WE. HAVE. INTERNET. AT. HOME. - WAHOO!
  3. Ice water - weird with the chill & snow, I realize, but love it nonetheless
  4. Feeling the spirit - yesterday, my friend, Rochelle taught about the simple principle of baptism in Relief Society. It touched my heart... and I haven't had that feeling so strongly in quite a while.
  5. Orbit gum - the spicy cinnamon variety
  6. Gray tights - kept me relatively warm on the biting cold walk from the bus this morning (darn wind chill)
  7. New insulated, polka-dot lunch bag - it's insulated to keep my salad from flash freezing in the negative bazillion-degree wind chill.
  8. Broken refrigerator has been fixed - yeah, it was only 2-weeks old
  9. Broken microwave will be fixed tomorrow - who knew that brand new appliances would have such a short life span?
  10. Date night: Harry Potter & Dave... doesn't get much better than that!

2 comments:

wandering nana said...

You do remember that it doesn't snow very much in Seattle.... are you sure you're not dreaming? Finally got caught up on your blog. I love reading it.... gives me a lift. I miss you friend....

Michelle said...

When I read you chose leather flats, I thought you had another fall! Glad that wasn't the case. :)

Craziness about 2 broken appliances in 2 weeks. Thank goodness for warranties!