Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gratitude on the 11th

My mind is in a million different places this morning, but my heart is full of gratitude so I have to share my list of lovely things:
  1. Men and women who serve our country and put themselves in harm's way to protect our warm homes, our sweet families and all that we hold dear. I have many dear friends in the military and wish I could give all of them a huge hug today. So very thankful for a day set aside each year to help us remember their love and service.
  2. Warm, whole wheat bagels and cream cheese
  3. Going for a run under a cool, star-filled sky
  4. Sipping cocoa on the couch with Dave, in front of the fire while gazing out on the quiet Snohomish valley
  5. Orbit gum
  6. My iPod playlist: currently at the end of the 'S's - "Stand By" (Dance Hall Crashers), "Standard Lines" (Dashboard Confessional), "Standing Outside the Fire" (Garth Brooks), "Star" (Erasure), "Stars Fell on Alabama" (Harry Connick Jr)
  7. Wearing my stripey tights and black/white polka-dot scarf
  8. Walking on a clean floor
  9. No TV means being free from the constant barrage of bad & upsetting news stories
  10. Playing volleyball again - it's been too long!

1 comment:

TnT Bingham said...

Hey lady, this blog makes me smile for so many reasons! I love you and miss you tons! Benjamin is adorable! I am accepting your challenge, and will begin my gratitude list. It might be meaningful to my children someday, if for no one else. You inspire me in so many ways!