Did you know you missed a big holiday this week? Yeah, you did - but so did I. Sunday, September 12th. National Grandparents Day. Totally missed it... but here to rectify the matter.
Benjamin is so lucky because he has two sets of grandparents that love him very much.
During the week, Dave's parents (mostly his mom) watch Benjamin on the days that I work. Cannot begin to describe our gratitude for this, as it allows us to have health insurance. Lucky boy, lucky family!
And tonight - and most every Friday night, my parents drive down to babysit him so that Dave and I can go on a date night. What luck to have a babysitter that makes house calls! But, I think they do it for completely selfish reasons... they want to spend their Friday nights with one awesome kid! Lucky boy, lucky mommy & daddy!
I don't always do such a great job of documenting the every day, but here is a photo essay on his grandparents from my side of the family:


So, to all of those grandparents out there, Happy Belated Grandparents Day! We tip a melting, half-eaten popsicle to you!
3 comments:
Thanks for the pics and for grandparents day. I must have missed it too, obviously.
I missed it too! Though, I have to admit, I DID think about it about a week before and had a great gift idea for my mom that I never made. Oh well, maybe I'll remember next year.
That is so nice that both of your parents help out so much! It's a win-win, they get time with Benjamin and you two get to go on a date. Nice! Grandparents are the best.
Post a Comment