Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday's Top 10 List: Good Reads!

I must have books on the brain because this is the third post this month involving books.

As a "super-hip" library grad student, I did the logical librarian-y thing to do, which was to log my personal collection of books onto a digital catalog, courtesty of LibraryThing. In reviewing this list from a few years ago, I have a decent list of books from which to choose. Taking a cue from my little catalog, as well as some more recent readings, I thought it would be a great Reader's Advisory (or Book Recommendation) list for all of my blogging friends - especially since it is quite conducive and worthy of a "Top 10" post.

My current read is "Tess of the d'Urbervilles" which was penned by one of the authors from the list below; so far, I'm really enjoying it.  So, whether you are trying to find a good book to take to the beach or curl up with on your couch, you are bound to find something that is a good fit for your reading interests. Enjoy!

  1. Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
  2. Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
  3. Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
  4. The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan
  5. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith
  6. The Big Stone Gap series (cheating a little because this encompasses 4 books) - Adriana Trigiani
  7. The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
  8. The Return of the Native - Thomas Hardy
  9. What Remains - Caroline Radziwill
  10. Sweetwater Creek - Anne Rivers Siddons

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I loved reading The Secret Life of Bees!! Did you ever see the movie?

Chelle said...

Yeah - I absolutely loved the book & the movie was pretty good too! I love the character of May - and the actress that portrayed her was awesome.

Renae said...

Love your list! Gamble Monney loved Heart of Darkness. I will have to read some of your faves.