Friday, September 05, 2008

Play Ball!

Since we have been married, Dave has been a fixture on a city softball league that was originally created by some guys from Mays Pond Ward years ago. When he decided to play, I thought - "Fun! I love watching softball games under a star-filled sky during warm summer nights."

Little did I realize, this game is actually a year-round sport - even in the wet and windy Northwest. Being the dedicated fan that I am (or perhaps because I don't have the excuse that I have to put the kids to bed), I have only missed a couple of his games in the past few years.

Yes, folks - I am the team's #1 Fan (in my most humble of opinions). That means cheering them on in rain, sleet and snow. Ok, maybe not snow but I've braved freezing temperatures, armed with a thermos of steaming hot chocolate, a down jacket and wool socks. Even in the summer, it can get pretty darn cold.
Over the past few years, the team has morphed from the usual suspects (& stake presidency members), to powerhouse players, to singles ward boys. Last night, I realized that there are just a bunch of random guys that I don't know... but that could change by the end of the season.

Last night also marked the beginning of Fall Softball. I was excited to go see the game and catch up with the Softball Wives Club. Sadly, I was the only one there besides the wife who was keeping score - thus, no one to chat with during the game.

Fortunately, I brought a book and my writing notebook to keep me busy. However, as the game began to get exciting, I decided to grab my digital camera and play sports photographer, capturing some pictures of my sporty spouse & his buddies in action.

So, here's to another season - good luck, guys!

2 comments:

wandering nana said...

Wow, great pictures. We use to go to , every once in a while to a son-in-law's game and the Mr actually played, many years ago, on a work soft ball time. Of course, we were much younger then.

Tawnya said...

I love going to softball games! I went to Todd's at BYU. You guys definitely keep busy, don't you. That's fun.