Saturday, June 21, 2008

What a Difference a Week Makes

As I mentioned in a previous post, I felt good about the decision to move to a new employer. Since starting my new job at Hospital B on Monday, life has been good... and it has only been five, little days!

While cutting back to 20 hours a week is nice, having a manager who allows me the flexibility I need to do my job is awesome. As I sat and chatted with her this morning, I literally felt a weight lifted off my shoulders. I suddenly realized that there would be no more checking in when I need to come or go, no more getting questioned why I do this or that, no more waiting for the next shoe to drop. Not only is my new boss allowing me incredible flexibility, but she also wants & trusts me to use my professional experience and "know-how" to completely re-create my position. While I don't always feel super confident about my "know-how" (because sometimes I just don't know how), I feel so blessed to have found this position.

In hindsight, the bad situation taught me powerful lessons. Going through that trial was stressful and I felt there was no escape. To keep me going, I often thought "this too shall pass" & remembered the scripture "all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for they good" (D&C 122:7). Trudging through the yucky stuff taught me a lot about myself & faith (as well as office politics, communications skills and personality types). But above all, it made the good things that much sweeter.

5 comments:

wandering nana said...

Thanks, I needed this reminder.")

SaraRobinson said...

I am so happy for you!

TnT Bingham said...

I'm so happy to hear that things are going so much better for you!! Great perspective about how the bad makes us more thankful for the good. You are SUCH a GEM! love you!

Stacey said...

I'm so glad things are going so well. Sometimes you worry that everything will sound good in an interview, but be completely different when you actually do the day-to-day job. You deserve this!

SBrooks said...

Amen cous! I can attest and must attest to the ending to your blog post - I love those scriptures! Office politics - I forgot them until I was dealing with the different issues and dramas over the past year myself. It is Way better to do what you are doing now and be your own girl!