On Wednesday as I was running out of the gym, my “To Do” list simultaneously ran through my head: get home, clean up, make dinner, keep my visiting teaching appointment, go to YW presidency meeting, do laundry, etc. First and foremost was getting home from Alderwood… which, depending on the time of day, can be a very time-consuming, taxing journey.In an effort to multi-task I grabbed the phone and called Dave to see if he had any great ideas for dinner. We tossed several ideas around, with one of the options being to pick something up on my way home. With frugality on the brain, I mentioned a quick & easy recipe for Chicken Pot Pie I had found the night before and asked Dave if he could throw it together. Here’s a little disclaimer: Dave does not enjoy cooking; he does dishes, laundry, bathrooms, etc. but cooking is just not his thing. I do enjoy cooking; in fact I love it and find it to be a creative, relaxing outlet after a long day at work. So, while it typically works for me to do the meal preparation, I didn’t know if I could fit it all in that night.
Fortunately for me, Dave is an adventurous sort of guy and he agreed to give it a whirl. When I finally walked in the house, he was a flurry of activity in the kitchen. I smiled and ran past him to clean up and change. As I dried my hair, I caught the savory smell of chicken and biscuits wafting through the air. By the time I got downstairs, not only was dinner ready but the table was set, complete with folded napkins and ice water-filled glasses. It was the best sight I’d seen all day – not only because I was famished, fatigued and on the go, but because this "little thing" made me realize how lucky and thankful I am to have him as my husband. Oh, and for the record, the warm pie looked & tasted divine.
3 comments:
Who knew he could cook? I'm amazed by the different things we are finding out about everyone. I myself am married to a very helpful man. He can cook a mean breakfast and steak but I don't think he would tackle a new recipe. One more thing to admire about the lawyer.
Way to go Dave! We must get this delicious and easy recipe from you.
That was so cute - thanks for sharing this!
Post a Comment