That was...
With the push of this button, all of your wildest dreams come true... well, at least, easier. Or, so say the marketing gurus behind the Easy Button campaign. I picked up this little gem at a trade show several years ago. Pushing the button at silly times at work elicited big laughs and did ease the tension at other times. Then, it found its way into a deep box in a dark corner of our garage, as do all things that have no specific use or place in one's home.
As I was digging for some of my yellowed article clippings from the newspaper days, I came across this button in that deep box. As I pulled it from its home of semi-used, long-forgotten items, I sort of chuckled. Throwing it on my pile, I brought it inside. As soon as I showed it to Benjamin, and pushed the button to illustrate its magical powers, it was like reuniting two soul mates.
Benjamin LOVES to "push da button", as he so gleefully exclaims. The button can be anything: the car remote, dishwasher lock, microwave overhead light, washer/dryer power and settings. But most of all, he LOVES the garage door opener, both in the car and the one attached to the wall. He begs to "push da button" anytime we go into the garage, leave the house, return to the house, or when he's feeling particularly saucy and wants to see the garage door do its thing.
On a recent visit to the library, I found a book that speaks to Benjamin's button-pushing love. I checked it out and he seemed to enjoy the story of a boy who loved to push buttons.
Discovering The Easy Button was a nice way to save our garage door's motor from blowing out. And it's made it easier to find him when he decides to play Hide N' Seek. I was calling for him the other day and it was extremely quiet. But, then suddenly, I heard the familiar "That was Easy!" phrase coming from the bathroom. Lo and behold, the little boy and his button were hanging out underneath the sink - Benjamin's Special, Secret Fort.

No comments:
Post a Comment