Saturday, December 11, 2010

Getting Back to Christmas

I love this time of year because it always seems to bring out the best in people. But despite our best efforts, it's so easy to forget WHY we celebrate Christmas.

One of the best and most exciting presents we got this year was the purchase of our new house. Because of that, we've scaled down the other material things. The funny thing is, I am more excited about this Christmas than those in the past because of the lack of frenzied mall trips, stressing over what to get and general holiday blues that come with the constant running here and there. Instead, I have more time to reflect on the real reason for the season - and get back to the kind of Christmas I remember from my childhood. It's a magical time to remember the birth of our Savior, create family traditions, make lasting memories and spend time with those we love.

I came across this sheet from Glitter Magic, from her post, "How to Have a Christ-Centered Christmas". She shared 13 tips; this was one (#7) that I thought would be perfect for our next Family Home Evening.

Wishes for a beautiful, peaceful Christmas season to you all!

No comments: