Yes, it's that time of year again for the annual exchange of Christmas gifts. And each year many of us, with trepidation, await the mystery gifts from our dear husbands lurking beneath our sweet-smelling, glowing trees. "What will it be this year?", you wonder to yourself as you take in the mishapen and odd-looking packages, lovingly wrapped and tossed under ye old Christmas tree. Let the imagination fly as you consider the myriad Infomercials, flouncing the latest gadgetry and odd finds. Perhaps it will be the snazzy Suzanne Somers Thighmaster? A creepy Shrek-faced Chia pet? The Flowbee? Heaven, and your husband, only know.
And for me, this season adds another level of intricate guessing - our wedding annivesary falls precisely one week prior to Christmas.
However, I consider myself quite fortunate to have a husband that secretly listens (& takes notes) as I rattle off my random list of "wants" as we wander through various malls or stores during the year. While we were dating, that first Christmas he gave me a ball hopper for tennis. I was speechless because it was not what I expected, but exactly what I needed - and had wanted for years but had just never purchased myself. I can say with great pride that he continues to do an awesome job in the gift-giving department. Last year, he even bought me some clothes - that totally fit!
Sadly, I know that is not the norm for all of the wives out there.
So, to you, the receivers of those bland blenders, vexing vacuums, and freaky flowbees - I give "The Doghouse". It's hilarious & oh-so-to the point... and sent to me courtesy of my husband. :) After you've finished laughing, please be sure to share it with your husbands so they don't end up in a similar predicament.
3 comments:
The Mr has really surprised me many times with gifts that have been wonderful. I'm also sometimes practical so I don't mind the kitchen things, as long as there is a personal present too. Your hubby is such a keeper.
I agree that you have a great guy for a husband. He is a one in a million! And don't you ever forget it, right?
Remember that when you are both 80!
I LOVE the doghouse! I think the worst gift I've gotten had to be a blender for my birthday. I think he was hinting at smoothies or something:)
Post a Comment