Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Welcome, Baby Alice

My sister-in-law, Rachel, just had her second girl last month - congratulations to the happy family! In honor of this grand occasion, I was determined to make something for the newest addition to our family. And handmade gifts are much more meaningful anyway, right?!

I thought it would be fun to learn to make a tie quilt, so I headed to JoAnn's where I found this adorable, striped fleece material. Then, a friend showed me how to use the remaining fabric to make super cute (and super easy) baby booties. Together, the blanket and booties are a bit matchy-matchy, but I loved how they turned out. How could you not love these booties on the little feet of a precious, baby girl?

Cozy, colorful baby booties and...


a warm blanket will be perfect for the cool nights of autumn!

3 comments:

wandering nana said...

So cute... why don't we make them for us?

Jenni said...

That is absolutely adorable. You are so talented - always making things.

Anne said...

I love those. They are so cute.