Wednesday, July 11, 2012

hodgepodgery

What happens when you have a busy life and can't seem to etch out the time to blog about it?  You have lots of pictures in your hard drive and have no idea how to blog about them all in this lifetime.  This is where I find myself... so here is my patchwork blog with loads of randomness.   

Seattle Summer Gear
This is a Seattle kid, through and through: the "shorts & mittens" combo is as Northwest as socks and sandals... well, almost.  

Dance Party with the Cousins
We had the girls over one Friday night so that Bracan & Rachel could do some work down in Seattle.  We ended the evening on a high note; they "danced like dervishes" while Dave strummed punk-rock versions of Primary songs on his guitar.  "Do As I'm Doing" has never been so cool.

Playing at Willis Tucker with the Williams
Our local park started a farmer's market on Friday afternoons.  We headed up to see what it was all about.  Much to our surprise, we ran into Bracan, Rachel & the girls.  With an afternoon of cousin/aunt/uncle fun, digging in the sand, stomping in the mud and running around with sheer abandon, I can almost hear Benjamin say "Best Day Ever!".

Rainy Day at Willis Tucker Park
As you can see, we just have to go with the flow (and by flow, I mean copious amounts of rain).  We had been cooped up inside for far too long, so we piled in the car and headed to the park when the skies parted.  Sure enough, as soon as he got in the sand pit, the rains started again.  And, you know, we just went with it; got a little soggy, but it was a much-needed day at the park.

Potty Training Antics
As we near preschool days, I am desperately trying to get this kiddo out of diapers.  We've tried different things, to no avail and lots of Resolve cleaner.  But, he really likes the underwear he picked out and loves to wear them, even if it is not in the conventional way.

Forest Park Splash Pad
Following closely behind his monkey blanket, recreational water play is one of his favorite things.  Oh, and trains (he's swinging on a train model at the park, at right).  After changing him into his swim stuff, he was in the water for two full hours... in fact, I had to drag him away, kicking, screaming & shivering from the chilly dip.

Top 5!
If I remember correctly, I believe that our June in Seattle made it into the Top 5 for one of the rainiest Junes on record.  You can't tell very well, but it was pouring in the picture at left.  I guess the benefit of such a record is the grass looks very, very green this summer!

Our recent Relief Society Meeting
This was one of our most popular RS meetings ever!  We had sisters in the ward do 3-5 minute mini-presentations on things like quick hemming tips,  how to wear a scarf, proper exercise technique, how to make laundry soap, DIY baby headbands, how to make the perfect pie crust, etc.  It was such a fun night... highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a clever night for their next meeting!

Recent Sewing Fun 
I whipped up these for my SIL, Azzlinn, who is expecting a little girl in September.  I made two fleece, machine-quilted & embroidered baby blankets; three embroidered, flannel burb cloths; baby booties, and much more! I had to leave the party early, but I heard she really liked everything.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Awesome idea for a RS activity. Love it! Especially since pinterest is so popular anyway.