Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day


~ ode to dave ~


You Rock.
We Love You.
(and as Benjamin likes to shout every morning as he's leaving for work:)
Be Awesome.
Drive Safely.

Love, Your Biggest Fans

We showered Dave with the good stuff this Father's Day.  As an early surprise gift, I used my bonus from work to get him an iPad 3.  Besides the obvious fun stuff that this tech-y gift offers, there are some amazing applications & utilities that will help him at work and this little tool can also help him keep up with our tech-y ward who are very big on electronic minutes/agendas, email, Google Docs, and such.  It even allows him to stream church videos during his lessons in Young Mens.  I was so excited to get him something that he could use in so many facets of his life.

Then, this morning, I served up the Breakfast of Champions.  Per his request, I made my Vanilla-Cinnamon French Toast with hot Maple Syrup, but also whipped up some Cheddar Scrambled Eggs & Turkey Bacon, served with a banana and milk.  It was a great way to start the day, a fun way to celebrate Father's Day and a fitting expression of how much we love him.

Happy Father's Day to Dave, my dad, Ben (FIL) and all of the dads we know & love!  You make such a difference in the lives of your family, friends and everyone you know.

1 comment:

wandering nana said...

Hey...we can FaceTime now. Just use my email. You are too good to him, but hey, he is a worth it. (don't tell him I said that).