Hello, long lost blog
- it's been a while... nearly 30 days, from the looks of it.
I could provide a comprehensive list of the reasons I haven't posted but that sounds kind of boring. Basically, I have been busy (as usual) but more than that, I think I've had so so much on my mind that I have been a bit overwhelmed. Plus, I haven't taken any snazzy pictures. Plus, I really do not like working with this new blogger template. And some days, in all honesty, I've just been too tired -- or lazy. Oopsies - this is starting to sound like that comprehensive [boring] list that I promised I wasn't going to do.
Anyway...
With May coming to a rapid close, here is a pictorial glimpse ~ with a little list thrown in ~ of our lovely life, lately:
Centennial Trail - Snohomish
Downtown Snohomish Park
Duthy Hill - Issaquah
FlowerWorld - Clearview
Comeford Park - Marysville
The rest of our daily adventure tales will have to suffice as a word-only list (in no particular order, except how they come to mind)!
- Trip to the Woodland Park Zoo with Julie, Seth & Elise
- "The Barbecue That Almost Was" at Phantom Lake. Brought out all of the food and realized an animal/rodent had chewed through the gas line. Sad day - but the next one is going to be epic!
- Day trip to Fort Langley, Canada to visit Mike, Lynette & the rest of the Haladin clan for the baby blessing of their newest addition, Christopher
- Lots of trips to area parks
- Benj & I took various walks/runs in the beautiful pre-summer sun while Dave explored the roads and trails of Western Washington on his road or mountain bike
- Lots of Storytime adventures
- The Epic Battle to Keep our Yard/Grass Alive
- Got a beautiful honeysuckle for Mother's Day, which is going to smell like heaven this summer!
- Attended the national conference of the Medical Library Association in Seattle
- Mother's Day BBQ at our house with the Goodwin clan and my parents
- Lots of playdates with cousins, friends and nursery classmates
- Benjamin's first cold of Spring - bring on the tissues
- Dave & I attended the much-anticipated, opening night of the first summer blockbuster, "The Avengers". It was the first date night we'd had in a while. Didn't have time to eat dinner beforehand, so I headed out a side door and bought two huge Qdoba burritos and water bottles which I stuffed in my purse. Eating Qdoba during the movie? Best dinner ever! And, it was the perfect date night to celebrate and kick off Summer!
- Quarterly dinner party was a Girls-Only event this time. Allison & I helped Michelle, who hosted, pull off a lovely evening of cheese fondue with bread & veggies, followed by a dark chocolate (Williams-Sonoma chocolate is a-mazing) fondue with a huge spread of all kinds of dipping goodies! Beautiful orange poppies and lime-colored flowers, gorgeous fanned-paper flowers, delectable food and wonderful conversation. Good night, all around!
- Most recently, our ward was chopped in half. After last Sunday's big news, we have a smaller ward, new bishopric, new members, which = nothing but new and exciting adventures ahead, I'm sure!
I know I've forgotten a lot of happenings around here, but that gives a quick snapshot of things. Best of all, this post lets you know we are, in fact, still alive.
You're welcome. :)
2 comments:
Thanks for the update and pictures. i am looking forward to lunch date.
So sad I missed the girls night:( I heard it was a blast. I just saw your post about the Texas sheet cake. Todd and I were craving it the other day!
Post a Comment