Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Photo Essay - 1st Week of "Summer"

Parks, Picnics, Traveling - Oh, My!

Although the 21st of June is the official start to Summer, Seattle did not get the memo. While temperatures have flirted with the notion of hitting 70, it has been a struggle to get there; at times, a number in the mid-50s have been our scorching high temp!

Despite the less-than-stellar weather, we have officially started summer by visiting many local parks, baking treats, holding impromptu picnics, swimming in the community pool, taking full advantage of our gas barbecue, attending playdates and even squeezing in a quick trip to Spokane for a mini Marchant reunion and Hoopfest 2011.

Instead of boring you with a long string of posts, I'm forcing all into one. A few taps on the keyboard and, wa-la!, I've caught you up on the wild adventures of the Goodwin family... 'cause I know you have been dying to get the latest scoop!

Lazy Day at Home - & Lovin' It

Whipped up some Chocolate-y Goodness
Deep Fudge Cupcakes, Dark Chocolate Ganache Filling and Peanut Butter & Cream Cheese Frosting
(by request from one of my visiting teaching sisters)

Celebrated the Summer Solstice with a Tossed Salad

Picnicking, Piano Performances & Poses

Discovering Wild Fun at Cougar Park

Pensive: Self-Portrait on a Cloudy Afternoon

The Various Stages of a Family Car Trip
("Are we there yet?" is not in his vocabulary - yet.)

Hoopin' it Up on a Mild Summer Day, Inland Empire-style

Parks: Riverfront Fun & Stevens for Potluck Dinner
(Riverfront's CityPass allowed hours of glee on the kiddie rides. In the evening, we celebrated 10 birthdays with a large quantity of food and cupcakes!)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun! You guys have been busy. Benjamin looks like he loved the rides (and Dave too)! Maybe there is a Disnyeland trip in the future?????? Ha ha!

Jenni said...

WOw! You guys have been busy! And having a super good time at that. I just love summer.

Your cupcakes look amazing!!!!! I know I've told you that before but I'll say it again. AMAZING!