I've got Big Plans, people!
I've had about a bazillion and one things on my to-do list lately, and an equal number of things on my resolutions/goals list too. And while I don't want to bore you with the usual "lose weight, eat healthier, exercise more" blah, blah, blah-ness of it all, suffice to say, I have big plans. BIG.
Here is one: do stuff. Do stuff, with Benjamin, I should say. With all of the staging-packing-moving-holidays-unpacking that's been our life for the past year, I am ready to go out and let Benjamin see this Brave New World.
This week's exciting outings included a visit to the fun land of library storytime on Tuesday, where the focus was on the impending snow storm. There was a lot of singing, playing instruments, reading stories and fun games. Benjamin really loved the bean-bag song, where you placed a beanbag on your arm, foot, elbow, etc... then tossed it in the air. But, instead of tossing it in the air and catching it, he used it as his own little weapon of minor destruction - throwing it whilly-nilly into the crowd of wide-eyed and innocent singers. But he had a fun time, so just time to teach him how to "Not Embrace Violence".
Today's outing was a visit to the Alderwood Play Area. That place is always a mad house but the play equipment is soft-foamy stuff, covered with some kind of plastic-like stuff. So, the chance of fun is high, while risk of injury is slightly less.

The various forms consisted of a Washington State ferry, an orca, an octopus and a scaled-down Mt. Rainier. After peeling the little socks off of Benjamin, he became a climbing dynamo!
I think he had loads of fun, despite the fact that I was constantly peeling him off of other children, ripping stranger's juice boxes out of his hands, and watching my bare-footed wonder take every opportunity to run like a banshee for the wide-open spaces of the mall corridors.

3 comments:
We had fun! I'm glad we were able to meet up. :)
I think we all need to run around like a banshee now and then. :)
Such a great new years resolution. I too want to do more with Preston (our 2 yr old). With having a new baby in the house these past few months, I really feel like his needs have been pushed aside a lot and so my goals are to make sure that he gets lots of mommy love and time from me. I like your ideas! I need to take him to storytime at the library more often too. We just moved to Camano Island...I wonder if the Stanwood library is any good.
Post a Comment