Sunday, March 28, 2010

Nursery Banner

Let's get crafty!

Since Benjamin's birth, I haven't been able to find time to do much in the creative, crafty realm; nor have I had the "need" to. However, recently I came across a project that I absolutely had to do.

As part of the staging process, one of the things I had on my assignment/to-do list was to create some type of banner for Benjamin's room. My friend, Forrest, found some precious, antique Martha Stewart alphabet cards which she fashioned into a banner for her son's room. She was my style guru for staging our townhouse, so she showed me her banner as an example. Unfortunately, I was not able to find those same cards at Michael's, so I had to turn on the creative juices and come up with my own design.

While the Martha section at Michael's did not have colorful ABC images, they did have some adorable animal cutouts in pale blue felt. It took me several hours, over a week's time, to come up with a design that I liked - and that matched the colors of his room. In hindsight, it's fortunate that I didn't find those ABC cards because I absolutely love the finished product that was my very own creation. Below is a picture of the nursery banner, hanging above his crib.

4 comments:

Frank and Julie said...

I saw that in his room on Friday and knew that you had made it.
I was going to tell how impressed I was with your project, but we had to leave before you got home, darn!

Way to go girl! You rock!

Tamara said...

The banner is seriously cute. Way to be creative, Chelle!

How exciting little Benjamin is crawling. Yay!!! If you haven't already...now is the time to child-proof everything.

Jenni said...

That is actually super cute. I want to do something like that.

wandering nana said...

I think the banner turned out so cute. Just think, his new room is almost done, and that's before you even move in!