7 Months and Crawling...
Benjamin turned 7 months two weeks ago and I am finally finding time to throw up some pictures and info, just for all of those inquiring minds.
There are no doctor appointment for a 7-month old - although we had to do a follow-up H1N1 shot - so I don't have specific stats on height & weight. I did weigh him on our home scale and our little heavyweight is now 18.4 pounds! As for length, I'm really not sure. At the last appointment, he measured 28" but the kid is growing like a weed. I know clothing sizes are not the best indication of correct measurements, but he is wearing 9 & 12-mo clothes. In fact, Dave's mom couldn't get the closures to come together on a 12-month outfit today! And yet, he is still so skinny that I can squeeze him into some 3-mo onesies... but not for long!
Anyway, the big news is that our little dude started to crawl this week. And climb. The last few weeks have included lots of rocking on hands & knees, backwards crawling, double-kneed scooting and lots of whole-hearted lunging when he gets frustrated and wants to move forward. But, people, it's a brave new world this week: we've found Crawling.
That's. Just. Crazy.
Seriously, what have we gotten ourselves into? He is all over the place now that he's discovered the Wide World of Mobility. What are parents to do? But, yet, it's also a beautiful and exciting new phase of development to check off the list.
Atta boy, Benjamin!
Now, you'll have to excuse him. He's had a long day of crawling and discovering his ever-increasing world. Time to kick back, relax and drink some dinner.
4 comments:
What do you do when he starts crawling? Get a playpen that keeps him contained in a smaller space where they can't harm himself.Put his toys in tghe playpen. Good luck!
He is so cute! I love this age. You are a wise mama!
I love that last picture! Wish I had that sort of flexibilty!
I love the picture in the chair... because it is soooo Benjamin. He is just too cute.
Post a Comment