Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sugar, Spice, Everything Nice

I haven't had any recent opportunities to bake or get creative... and I was starting to get restless. I like to be busy and nothing is more relaxing and totally fun than throwing together one of my cake creations or another crafty project. Fortunately, I remembered that we have several birthdays coming up in the next few months, so I knew I wouldn't be without a project for long!

Sure enough, last week I was able to whip up some of my tempting, fluffy white cupcakes, with pink (vanilla) frosting and sour cream chocolate frosting. Sounds good, huh?!  This little package of treats was delivered to one of the young women that was turning 14 - and thus, becoming one of my newest Mia Maids.   As part of the birthday tradition for our Mia Maids, I also make a bracelet with a mix of some of their favorite colors.

I was pretty pleased with the end result of both projects - check out (below) the fun "flip flop" box that I wrapped it in! Plus, I was thrilled to see her pointing out the bracelet on her wrist the following Sunday, with a toothy, brace-filled smiled to complete the picture.

Oh, and lest you think I would leave that leftover caloric heap of tasty goodness for myself and Dave, you would be sorely mistaken.  We are talking about a bazillion calories for each of us - and we so would have eaten the heap with ease!!  So, I decided to spread the sugary love to a larger crowd.  :)  I quickly shuttled those babies over to my brother's house; Eric was actually celebrating a birthday that same day so it was quite convenient. He and his five lively kiddos gratefully munched on the tasty morsels.  

And their review of the cupcakes?  Sinfully delicious.  Mission accomplished.



If I have made you drool uncontrollably onto your keyboard, please accept my most humble apologies.

5 comments:

TnT Bingham said...

You are the coolest young women leader ever! Seriously. I need to live closer. =) (not just for the cake, but it would be an amazing bonus!)

Stacey said...

You've inspired me to become better at baking cupcakes. I even asked for a frosting decorator kit for Christmas. Unfortunately, nobody got it for me:( I guess they don't want me to experiment on them!

Frank and Julie said...

I loved the bracelet! Can I have one?

Love ya,
Mom

Heidi said...

I like how you do the frosting on the cupcakes and where do you find those big sugar sprinkles? Very cute bday idea.

Toph said...

Those cupcakes look so GOOD!!!