Monday, December 03, 2007

An Early Snow


See, it doesn't always rain in Seattle.

We have had 3 storms wash over the area since Saturday. When all was said and done, the first storm left about 4-5" of snow in our part of town. The roads were a bit slippery, but Dave managed very well. However, he probably thought I was a bit odd as I pulled the camera out of my bag and snapped a quick picture of a residential road on the way to church.

The temperatures warmed after noon on Sunday and it's been raining for the last 24 hours. As of this morning, we had 5 more inches of precipitation, which has left water over the roads, rivers flooding, the mountain snow melting and general chaos. I'm hoping that the power is still on at home...

1 comment:

wandering nana said...

See, there really are advantages to living in Utah. You can hire us to drive all you Seattlites around on snowy days. Things would be easier if Washington would buy more snow plows...seriously, you only have 4???