Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Just Us Guys

Dave & Benjamin singing "When Christmas Comes to Town" last night.

Before I was telecommuting, I headed to the hospital twice a week to log in some hours at my library. Because he has a heart of gold, Dave would frequently drive me to Kirkland because I 1) was running late (& would miss my bus), 2) didn't want to ride the bus, -OR- 3) we wanted to spend a little more time together. I cherished those rides because Benjamin would usually pull his Monkey blanket over his head and head back to Dreamland while Dave & I talked during the 30-minute commute.

Recently, we had to stop in for a second at the hospital. I ran in, grabbed my stuff from the office and came back to the car. Benjamin said something that I didn't quite understand, but Dave started to chuckle. Intrigued, I asked what was so funny. Dave explained that, in the past, when they dropped me off for work he would turn to Benjamin and say, "Well, it's just us guys now!" and they would head off. Benjamin must have remembered the hospital driveway and associated it with that saying, which he continued to exclaim as we all drove away.

The whole thing made me laugh... and made me even more grateful for My Guys.

1 comment:

David said...

The comment was actually "It's just us men," but just us guys works too.