Thursday, December 15, 2011

Long Winter's Week

This is what happens to little boys that choose not to nap; they cozy up on the couch & fall into a deep and blissful sleep - at 4pm

I guess it's not officially Winter yet (7 more days, for those playing at home), but these fun-filled, short-on-daylight days are taking their toll; those in the Goodwin House are all worn out on this sleepy Thursday eve. Let's look back at our week, shall we?

Monday: Off to work I went, which meant Benjamin-Duty for Dave while his mom continues to recuperate. Post-work workout: 1 hour of spinning. Chicken Tetrazzini tasted especially good, as it was made the night previous... and thus ready to eat when our ravenous crew got home. Hopped on Facebook and became a wee-bit discouraged by all the "look what I did's" that I deactivated my account; a little FB break is oh-so-good for my soul. Oh, GOT SOME BIG NEWS TODAY... more on that Thursday.

Tuesday: Remote Work Day for moi. A case broke open for Dave last week, so he was BUSY BUSY BUSY. Benjamin ran around like crazy, as usual. Quickly devoured the Thyme Chicken, Roasted Squash with Red Potatoes, and Cucumber-Tomato Salad before the Youth's Merry Caroling Adventure whisked Dave away for a few hours.

Wednesday: Laundry, dishes and sweeping, oh my! While I headed to the RS Christmas Meeting to set up, sing, "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem" and accompany one of the missionaries, My Men stealthily left on a top secret trip to the Marysville Premium Outlets. Benjamin+Shopping+Christmas Shoppers... have I ever said how much my husband rocks? If not, he does.

Thursday: And now we come to today - the BIG DAY and the BIG NEWS. Today I started cleaning out my office. I'm moving. Moving home. Permanently. (And no, I didn't get fired.) Hospital administrators desperately needed some space and so I most generously offered my stifling-hot office to them and simply said I could work from home - to help them out. Needless to say, they jumped at my offer. Yes, you can call me a Saint... or a Skillful Manipulator, but with the exception of a quick face-to-face each week, I get to work from home. It frees up Dave's mom from childcare duties. It means we don't have to pay for the Montessori school. It means I need to get SUPER ORGANIZED, manage my time like Steven Covey and figure out how in the world to work while a little 2-year-old is begging for attention. It may take a little mountain-moving, but given the opportunity, I'm going to make it happen. Also, I gave away a Book of Mormon to my Volunteer Librarian. Yay for me! To say I was a bit trepidatious would be putting it mildly. But, today was her last day and she's moving across the country; I suppose the fact that I will likely never see her again makes the act a little less courageous. I wrapped it up with the rest of her present and wrote a nice letter about my testimony. She's an awesome, lovely, genuine friend and is looking for "something", so we shall see. Despite my less-than-courageous, give-it-to-her-as-she's-running-out-the-door move, I'll still going to give myself a high five and a little pat on the back. This may not seem like a big deal to some, but this is a BIG deal for me.

With all of that stuff, it's no wonder I'm ready to go to bed at 8!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay for being able to work from home! That is great!!

(And what happened to Dave's mom? I hope she's ok!)

Stacey said...

Congratulations on moving home! Good luck with juggling that and the 2-year old, but I'm sure it will be such a blessing.

I also loved your anniversary post.

wandering nana said...

I can't BELIEVE you didn't mention this the last time I saw you. I'm glad you get to stay home. Why do you think you don't accomplish anything... you've done a lot more than most do... especially all year round.